Monday, July 6, 2009

Simply Smiling

Hi! I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Did ya miss me?

I had a nice trip to Africa --- well actually, my sister's house last weekend! Then the whole week just flew by and went all too fast! My two youngest, Cameron & Riley visited my Dad's house for the next couple of days when we got back from my sister's house, then on Friday we all went to the circus and had SO MUCH FUN! On Saturday it was a parade, relaxing on the river, and then fireworks as we celebrated the 4th of July with friends.

It was only a THREE-DAY work week which made the week even better. I love long weekends and I've just had two in a row!!! But.... that makes it all the harder to come back to work today. *sigh* I wish I didn't have to work outside the home, but alas... I do. Such is life!

But at least I had a week full of memories, and as always, I hurried home and blogged every event and posted all of my favorite pictures. Somehow I always feel they're "SAFE" once I get them uploaded. I feel like "Memory Stored" once I get them added to Blogland. Sadly, I've been too busy to check out my viewers' blogs this weekend though. I am doing my best to play catch-up though! I do want to see what kind of fun all of YOU had this weekend!

I know a picture says a thousand words, so if you head over to my personal blog today, the words my pictures will say are just "KABOOM!!!" I took lots of firework photos on Saturday night and have them up today. But if you do visit, be sure to scroll past them to the rest of my weekend pictures! I love them all! I smile just thinking about what a great week it truly was. It was fabulous ---- full of fun & memories! I feel like I didn't waste a moment, and that feels good!

Now sadly, I'm back to work. But if you're at home with your kiddos today - go make some memories! Life is SHORT and our babies grow up waaaaaaaay too fast!!! Don't waste a moment!

I'm Simply Smiling as I remember my past week/weekend. Hope yours was GREAT TOO!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I am soo glad to hear that you had a great time~~~ We are traveling in VA and had a MAJOR blow out with 2 tires and rims. We are stuck here until we get it fixed!!! YIKES...I am headed over to check out your fireworks..we missed them this year with our tire problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could stay home too! Summers are the hardest, when the kids are out of school.
    Happy Monday! We can just try to get through the workday together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just checked out your personal blog...crazy weekend here too...looked at all your circus pictures(looked like a blast)! You do ONE amazing job of making memories with your kids even though you do have to work...it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...no time to check blogs. You must really be busy! OH well...life will slow down soon! Glad your week/weekend was amazing!
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed...KABOOOOM! I just left your personal blog to come here. I am glad you had a wonderful week. You are so right...we must continually be concious of making memories with our kids.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your pictures too! I feel like part of the family! ;) I'm always eager to upload too...it does give me a sense of security and memories saved forever! ha ha! Whew!

    Does staying in pajamas all day count as making memories? We stayed up too last night and Alex is still asleep at 10:00 am! That never happens. But I am thankful that we can stay home and try to relax. I will keep smiling...once I brush my teeth! heehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a couple of wonderful weeks and I just experienced it through pictures!!

    I was busy enjoying an extra long weekend, but I only took one picture while hubby was grilling!! After we ate, I thought I should've taken some pics of our burgers and dogs, but oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that you had a great holiday with the family! That's a really cute picture of y'all. I would love to go to the circus. I haven't been since I was in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a busy week girl! Lots of family fun. You know, I always knew you were a clown and now I have a photo to prove it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great week! We were out of town all week too-catch up reading bites!! I am still trying to comment on all the ones I missed and I am just realizing how many blogs I actually follow! Sorry you had to go back to work today!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of COURSE I missed you! :) Sounds like great time. ;) And love the pic of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a good week! Thanks for the reminder, think I'll go makes some memories and stop wasting time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping over to your personal blog now...I'm so glad that you had such a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to catch up too, Erica. I only worked one day last week and 2 the week before and yes, like you I'm back at work for the whole week this time. Yuck! But I am glad to have a good job!!! I just caught up on your blog a few minutes ago.

    Hope your week back at work goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Busy busy. I have to get over to your personal blog too. Traveling today so it has been hard to blog.
    Love that family picture. You all are so cute with your noses. We love the circus! Big fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen! Life is short and our babies do grow up way too fast! I am glad you are smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great week! :D Love the pic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. i loved that circus post and the fireworks made me drop my jaw in awe (and jealousy at your amazing talent!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home from your fun weekends. I've enjoyed all your fun posts. The fireworks pictures were truly outstanding.

    Have a great week,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!