Wednesday, July 22, 2009
The Goldy Lowdown....
So, if you read my post last week (and thank you if you did!), you might have been let in on a little secret! Our family has been promising a puppy for our two boys since Christmas.
We kept telling them "Oh, maybe for your birthdays".
Well....their birthdays are coming.
One, right after the other and in fact, I would feel sooo bad if I did not get my boys a puppy after I made them sit through Marley & Me. I mean c'mon a 7 & a 4 year old BOTH still want a puppy after seeing that movie. They must REALLY want one bad!!
So, without further ado...I introduce you to......GOLDY!
Top 10 Things you do with a dog that you DON'T do with a baby: (Generally)
10. Catch themgetting into a wrestling match with your bath rug...
man, that thing is shredded!
9. Scoop out tiny nib lets of food and follow them around to make sure there are no accidents.
8. Ring a bell each time you say "outside" so they can learn to ring the bell too!!
(wouldn't that be great if you could do that with kids? LOL)
7. Watch them vomit in the pet carrier in your car
(I mean I guess you do this with a child too...but hopefully NOT in a pet carrier)
6. Buy (4) Shoes (I told you I would buy them)
5. Raise your voice about 2 octaves right off the bat.....
(what is that anyway...you know Good Boy & Your such a sweet puppy.)
4. Call their bedroom a "Puppy Condo"
3. Open up the dishwasher door only to find that you can't shut it because he is in there
...licking out all the water
(has this happened to any ones baby? Mine were mesmerized by the dishwasher too I guess...OK, well I guess one had to be a wash)
2. Have the doctor (vet) check out the anal glands...no thanks
(this is not even remotely cute for dogs or for babies I would imagine)
# 1. Administer more medication than most 90 year olds have.
Heart worm, Front line, Panacur, Ear drops, and an antibiotic because his eyes are crusty...Sheesh.
I have to set my cell phone just to remind me to give him his meds!!! ;)
But he's worth it ...Isn't he?