Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Goldy Lowdown....


So, if you read my post last week (and thank you if you did!), you might have been let in on a little secret! Our family has been promising a puppy for our two boys since Christmas.

We kept telling them "Oh, maybe for your birthdays".


Well....their birthdays are coming.

One, right after the other and in fact, I would feel sooo bad if I did not get my boys a puppy after I made them sit through Marley & Me. I mean c'mon a 7 & a 4 year old BOTH still want a puppy after seeing that movie. They must REALLY want one bad!!
So, without further ado...I introduce you to......GOLDY!


Top 10 Things you do with a dog that you DON'T do with a baby: (Generally)


10. Catch themgetting into a wrestling match with your bath rug...
man, that thing is shredded!


9. Scoop out tiny nib lets of food and follow them around to make sure there are no accidents.
8. Ring a bell each time you say "outside" so they can learn to ring the bell too!!
(wouldn't that be great if you could do that with kids? LOL)


7. Watch them vomit in the pet carrier in your car
(I mean I guess you do this with a child too...but hopefully NOT in a pet carrier)

6. Buy (4) Shoes (I told you I would buy them)

5. Raise your voice about 2 octaves right off the bat.....
(what is that anyway...you know Good Boy & Your such a sweet puppy.)

4. Call their bedroom a "Puppy Condo"

3. Open up the dishwasher door only to find that you can't shut it because he is in there
...licking out all the water
(has this happened to any ones baby? Mine were mesmerized by the dishwasher too I guess...OK, well I guess one had to be a wash)


2. Have the doctor (vet) check out the anal glands...no thanks
(this is not even remotely cute for dogs or for babies I would imagine)


# 1. Administer more medication than most 90 year olds have.

Heart worm, Front line, Panacur, Ear drops, and an antibiotic because his eyes are crusty...Sheesh.
I have to set my cell phone just to remind me to give him his meds!!! ;)


But he's worth it ...Isn't he?



22 comments:

  1. The top ten list made me chuckle! Goldy is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goldy is cute and you will soon find that it is VERY much worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are definitely a lot of work, but well worth it. What a precious pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! I don't 'envy you one bit my friend. Our lab is 13 years old and though we love her it's been such a pain LOL. Kids are enough for me!! Maybe when the kids are gone we might get a small dog!!
    Good luck my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been thinking of getting a doggie...but I will live through you for a while. Then once you survive...we may give it a little try:)
    He is so cute...totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog loves the dishwasher too but he usually licks the plates instead...drives me insane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw what a cutee patootie! I bet your boys are just loving him! haha dogs do the darnest things. I know my life wouldn't be half as entertaining with out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!!! SOOOO cute! Makes me want one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mean to tell me you didn't name your darling new TREE "Touchdown?" Sheesh, Tarah! I'm so sad!

    Well, GOLDY is darling! I wanna see a picture with his shoes on!

    So how old is Goldy? I wanna know if its just a sapling or a full grown tree. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is very cute! I hope he makes a great addition to your family! I am sure the boys are over the doghouse over him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toooooo funny...only because I have experienced many of these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, dogs are a little different then kids...oh the things we learn from our dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww, he's precious Tarah!! Love the name too! Hope the boys are enjoying him as much as you.

    Love ya,
    Miti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! And to go along with your blog theme he can be called "Goal"dy!! Ok, I'm lame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You better believe he is worth every penny. We just shelled out 4 grand and counting for Bogeys surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat for him and the kids!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute puppy! having a dog is a great thing for anyone

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love our baby. He is alot of work but so sweet. My kids adore him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goldy is adorable Tarah! We have two dogs, a golden retriever and a beagle. We love them both very much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh he is adorable!!!! Last night I was emptying the dishwasher and my poodle took it upon herself to lick the silverware. Thanks dog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I hope is turns out to be all the kids were hoping for!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!