Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jane of All Trades

Dearly Beloved Bloggers,

I have a career in which I wear many hats.

I'm a chef,
a teacher,
a nurse,
a motivational speaker,
a personal shopper,
a dental hygienist,
a housekeeper,
a chauffeur,
a comedian,
a security officer,
a nutritionist,
and a psychologist.

I am a true Jane of all trades and these ARE my day to day duties. I never clock in and I never clock out. I will NEVER retire. I work from home and on the road too. Wherever I go, my work goes with me. It ALWAYS has my full and undivided attention.

I don't receive a salary nor an hourly pay, but my job well done will NOT go unnoticed. If done well, the fruits of my labor will remain long after my last breathe. I always knew I wanted to do this line of work, but never did I think it would be my "9 to 5" job. Nevertheless, it's a job that dreams are made of. The benefits are endless and the bonuses are priceless.

Don't get me wrong. There are moments of sadness and frustration, but those moments are easily overshadowed by moments of joy and excitement.

I used to dream BIG and of working as a fancy business woman in a BIG city, but now I know there's nothing BIGGER nor more satisfying than being an everyday
STAY-AT-HOME MOM.
I can honestly say that I live to work and work to live.

Yours (Truly),
Miti


15 comments:

  1. well said! being a stay-at-home mom is a tough job... one that is very rewarding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could stay home with my kiddos. Having nuber 2 growin in the belly is really making me want to do it more and more. Sadly, it is not in the cards for me! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one of the coolest stay-at-home mom's I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always knew that I wanted to be a mom too. I also wanted to stay home with them as well. Thank the Lord He provided a way for me to do that.

    After my oldest was born our finances were very tight and I had to find a way to work part-time from home for the first few years and we really couldn't afford to eat out or anything, but it was worth it just to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this...

    I was a stay at home mom until last year. I miss it. Hoping I can go back some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so true Miti! I always wanted this job too. It has the best perks program!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya know, I ALWAYS knew I'd be a mommy. I have a picture that I drew back in Kindergarten of "What do you want to be when you grow up" and it's a picture of a pregnant lady pushing a baby stroller with baby through a park. ha ha ha

    My mom kept it!

    I got to be a stay at home mom until all of my kids were into school. I even homeschooled them for a lot of years before I went back to work. Wish I could still be a SAHM, but I do think I'd get bored since my kids are all bigger. I sure like to complain about working though! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fought hard to get this job, after being a working out of the home wife and mom for more than 8 years. I love this job. Like Erica, I've always wanted to be a mom, never pictured myself without kids. It really is the toughest job you'll ever love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now if we can calculate how much we would make at all those positions it would be completely outstanding! And they say stay at home moms' have it easy? Ha, we are just saving all that money!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the Stay at Homes Moms of the world should unite, I believe that the country could be ran better, more efficiently, much faster than any current government today! Plus you could give all of the Stay at Home Moms good paying salaries! You all deserve it! I also think that Sports Players should get Teachers Salaries, and Teachers should get Sports players Salaries.

    Great Post and so true!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! Preach it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you...if I had the choice I would be a stay at home mom in a nanosecond! I did it for 4 years before moving out of state, but those were the best years!! Now that I do work, I am a kinder teacher and since I have to work, I would have to say that this is the best gig...summers off, Christmas vaca, spring break! Nothing better...except being a SAHM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say that I have had the BEST of both worlds! I stayed at home with both of my boys until my youngest was 3 and my oldest went to kindergarten. Then, I was able to snag a full time job where I work from home and I squeeze it all in while the boys are in school now. Love the money from the job and love the time for the kids!!! ;) Staying at home is a blessing for sure, and the moms who work in the home AND out of the home receive TONS of kudos from me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful. You have one of the most difficult jobs there are and clearly you LOVE it!

    Lucky kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a SAHM is the toughest job by far! :D It is funny you posted this as my best friend and I were just talking about different positions we hold as a SAHM. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!