Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Moving Story

Dearly Beloved Bloggers,

Last Thursday, the craziest thing happened to me.

If you came to visit me then you already know that I was MIA. You probably also know that my reason for being MIA was that I was in the midst of moving. BUT, what you DON'T know is how I arrived to my current residence.

All I remember is packing box after box after box of these and thats. Apparently, we had more storage than we thought, because I kept finding things in every nook and cranny. I thought it would NEVER end! I didn't realize I was living in a bottomless pit. AHHH...THE HORROR!!!

So, there I was packin' and stackin', movin' and grovin'; when all of a sudden,

I'm surrounded by total darkness!
It was the strangest thing. I tried to collect my thoughts.

Did I just blackout from exhaustion?

(SILENCE)

Hummmm... Is this just a crazy dream?
(pinch)
OUCH!! That's not it.


(SILENCE)

Wait a minute....
Where did everybody else go?

(SILENCE)

I sat and sat surrounded and confined by 4 walls for what seemed to be an eternity, but in reality, it was just a mere 30 minutes. One thing was for sure. There was a whole lotta shakin' going on.

Then all of a sudden, everything stopped.
The silence returned and
IT WAS ALARMING!
I didn't know what was to come.

I heard the squeaking sound of a door opening. Then, quickly, the sun's rays were shining down on me and I was blinded by the light of day.

What the.....?!!!
I was dumb founded.

"There you are! We were wondering where you went!"my sister said.
(so was I)

Come to find out, everybody was in such a moving frenzy that someone packed me into a box that read CAKE SUPPLIES (HANDLE WITH CARE!)

So, does this mean that they really DO care?!

I don't know, but I guess I can't blame them. After all, I DO supply cakes. Therefore, I guess you could say I was right where I belonged, right?! And to tell you the truth, I WAS feeling a little fragile. Too bad they didn't throw an Easy Bake into the box along with me. I could have gotten a head start on this week's cake. I CAN say one thing's for sure though. I managed to bake a JUMBO sized muffin top by the time it was all over. MOVING + FAST FOOD = LOTS OF EXTRA LUGGAGE

So, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
Was that a moving story or what?!!!

OK, OK! Don't believe EVERYTHING you read, but DO believe that this girl is totally beat. Honestly, I REALLY DID blackout exhausted and nauseated from it all by the time the cuckoo clock struck midnight Thursday night. But, thankfully we made it safe and sound to our temporary home. Now if I could just make these boxes disappear so that I can get back to my regular bloggy programing.....

Yours (TRULY),
No really
I mean that!
MITI

(One more thing before I go....Just want to wish my sister, Annette, a happy birthday today. Thanks for all the help! Love ya!)

16 comments:

  1. You had me going there! Moving is just so stressful!
    Love Collette xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you well with all the moving! Hope you find a place for everything and that soon everything will be in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Moving is hard. :( I've done it a LOT being a former military brat and now military wife. It doesn't get better unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was like "blackout?", "earthquake?" You had me totally confused, Miti!

    I bet yo wish they had packed you.... and tell them not to unpack you til all the rest of the unpackin' is done! ha ha ha

    We missed you. Glad you're back with us in the Blogosphere.

    (BLOGOSPHERE = Erica's new favorite term!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back with us...blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I'm sure you're glad it's over with, right? Now you just have to do it again when your house is finished!! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are done with the movin and shakin. WE miss you dearly. HOpe that the unpacking is easier. I would only take out the necessities...since you will be moving again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And this is why we keep coming back(even when you are MIA), because you make us laugh until we want to cry. You are a hoot...thanks for the laughs...now go rest up..that's an order. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely despise moving. To me, it's much easier to deal with a moving company that will do it all for you if you can afford it. Even one that will take your boxed belongs out of your home, load them into a truck and put them in your new residence is worth the money.

    Just glad that you finally finished it. Have you unpacked now???

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Miti how I have missed you! You crack me up so much. I'm glad you didn't get pack away in a box! I would miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving is a tough job! Take care of yourself...no more blackouts, okay? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man...if there was frosting in that box then you would have been fine!!! LOL.

    So glad that you are getting moved and hope that it goes more smoothly for you!!! ;)

    Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kinda know how you feel. We moved last year too. And I thought we would never get packed. I thought we were done so many times and then we would go back and check and still find a couple of boxes of stuff that we had missed in different parts of the house. I never want to move again. I hope I never have to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see you back. Sometimes you need a tiny break to come up for air!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miti,

    Glad the move is over. What a creative way to tell about it. I am sorry it was so hard on you. I recall sitting on the floor of our old house 39 weeks pregnant with our 4th baby, the day after Christmas as people came and people went to look at the house, and friends and family packed and carried everything we had accumulated in our 7 years there and just crying and crying and crying. It was the most exhausting thing I have ever experienced.

    Just thinking about it is enough to keep me from ever moving again:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are unpacked by now.

    You had me going with your story! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!