Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Garage Sale Capers....Chapter One
We currently interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you an insane amount of useless information on garage sales...yes, I said it.
You heard correctly, I said INSANE garage sales antics.
Its a new trend, "The Neighborhood Sale". This is where MASS amounts of homes in your neighborhood sign up for what seems to be an innocent little -get rid of my junk sale- and before you know it, your address is given to mass amounts of people on a map. They drive for hours, just to get your kids old bike for $3.00 and when they get there and it is gone they go on a bartering spree that makes the strong weep. "No, I'm sorry, I can not sell you the car parked in front of my house, I realize that you like it but I just can't."
Even though your $15.00 offer is tempting, I have to pass.
Top 10 Most Ridiculous Things That Happened At My Garage Sale
10. A woman ripping a whole bunch of necklaces off a poster board full strength and then had the nerve to tell me that they are broken...Um, Yeah...YOU broke them!
9. The lady that "PARKED" in my driveway for a half an hour, I mean I just politely put my property tax statement on the windshield...since she lives here, she can chip in!
8. The older gentleman who asked me if I happened to have any guns for sale.
One minute, I'll be right back. I need to get the ammo.
7. Receiver actually saying to someone "You look tired and need to sit down. Your old. "
6. Someone bartered with me on a 50 cent item. And then paid with a $20.00 bill. WHAT?
5. A woman telling me that my brand new DVD's still in the plastic that were priced at $3.00 each was too close to retail and I should lower my prices.
4. The man who bought my bike trailer who placed his 2 children in it, and ran down the street with it and it WAS NOT attached to anything but his hand...Nah...that was not weird!
3. The FREE Bin..who knew that you could put ANYTHING in there and it would be gone, I might have put a baggie of leaves from my yard in there...
(I'm just sayin they were gone when I checked).
2. The garbage trucks that came through the "HOOD" on the 1st day and honestly hit about 3 cars ( I am not joking) they could not get through the streets. It was tooooooo tight... YIKES
1. Me, getting rid of more clothes, toys and junk than I ever thought I had..only to realize that I will do it again next year!
So tell me...Do you LOVE garage sales? What are your tales? Chapter Two is up to you!