Friday, October 9, 2009

GOD'S CAKE!

Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?"
or
"Why did God have to do this to me?"

Here is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her & her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom , I love your cake."
"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers.

"Yuck" says her daughter.

"How about a couple raw eggs?" "Gross, Mom !"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybebaking soda?"

" Mom , those are all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! "


God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times.
But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good!
We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!


Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I HOPE YOU DANCE!

Mimi

19 comments:

  1. This is a great story ! Such wise advice for a young daughter! I need to remember it.
    Love Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that post... sometimes its hard to remember that what is most important is the whole... not the pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! SO SWEET, and true. I EVEN HAVE i HOPE YOU DANCE playing on my playlist on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...what a great post, and a great reminder to look at the big picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm, I never thought about it like that. Great story Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy did I need this today. Thank you!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will remember this. Thanks and happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an inspiring post and what a way to put all the difficulties we face each day into the blend to make a perfect cake. Now who doesn't love cake?

    I am off to dance a happy dance despite whatever life decides to toss this way, because I know there is a cake baking somewhere.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read this before, and it is so true. Thanks for sharing, and it helps to just keep our focus on what God wants to accomplish...not so much on the process its self.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous post my friend! Well said and a great reminder! This is my journey with God as my captain and it may not be where I want to be, but he sees where I am going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In that case, we've got one AWESOME cake! Thank you for the reminder today!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful analogy! Cake is always good! ;)

    That is so true, but hard to remember sometimes ;) I must remember that cake will solve everything and make it better! Well...something like that! God is good, all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know that that was a long until I read one of the comments. Great post! So true that things, by themselves, don't make sense sometimes.

    But put altogether by what God is doing they work out! Dancing today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true! We dont always understand why God allows us to walk through some valleys but He uses all of life's little lessons to mold us into the person that He wants us to be!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I love that too, and I always try and remember that when we see one frame of our life (or anyone's life actually OR any situation), we're not seeing the whole picture, just one part...up close. When we've backed off and maybe even years later, frames start coming together and pictures become clearer. This was a good post because I need some peace today, girl ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post MIMI.....have you been in my house this week? LOL I wish I had this to share with my daughter a few days ago! Gosh, it is hard when it all seems to hit at the same time but I also know that it is those hard times that God shows up MIGHTILY!!!

    bless you on this Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so great! I'm always looking for visuals for my sons, big and little. You might enjoy my "You're a Cake" post that I developed for my 8th grade son who was having girl problems!

    http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/blue-cotton-cake/

    I am also calling for Monday to be an unofficialy moms day of prayer against violence in our schools. Please join in!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!