Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Battle Of The Dog Hair

As the "parent" of a toy poodle, I must admit that there were times that I felt superior to a cat owner. My friends with cats had cat hair all over the clothes, and I could not relate. I wondered how they could leave the house with all that cat hair on them.




Until my day of reckoning came. I failed to reckon with our beagle who is about the size of a small elephant. That dog flings his hair everywhere without a care.

He loves to scratch his back all over my blue and white checked slipcovers. As he walks by my coffee table he leaves a little of his DNA on that too. I have found beagle hair on my kitchen counters, in my kitchen cupboards, on top of my dishes, and recently I noted on facebook that I found a dog hair in the fridge.

In the fridge, people! Now, either my dog is having a party every time we leave the house or his hair can fly. Or he can fly.

Do you know that dog hair floats? It floats!!!! (Please don't ask me how I know that.)

I no longer feel superior to cat owners. Instead, I just hope that they will avert their eyes in pity whenever I walk by them. However, I know that they are turning around and staring at all that dog hair on my back.

Let's just say that you ought to invest in a company that sells lint remover, because I think that their stock is about to go up.


9 comments:

  1. Ha! That is awesome! I hated all the dog hair we had around the house when we had our Maj. Now that she's gone, I would love to have it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...I hate animal hair! That is why we don't have an inside pet. When we moved into this house, it took me 2 weeks to clean the cat hair off of the walls, and baseboards, and door/window trim, and the tops of cabinets...not to mention in the sink drains and the air filters! Nope, never...not me...no inside pets. I don't know how you stand it! :0)

    Blessings!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate! Now dog smell is a thing I detest. at least you can have dog hair on you without smelling like the dog.

    Cat´s are dispicable. They are the carnal man, only ever thinking of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my mom died many years ago, I inherited her winter coat with a real fox fur collar. I wore it to church one Sunday. I took it off to go to the restroom. While I was washing my hands, a lady came up behind me and started brushing my back off and asked..."Do you have a cat or a dog?" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you. I am going insane with the dog hair. When I vacuum I have to empty the bagless twice just to do the house. We have a small house too and I vacuum every other day. Ugh. It is horrible. But you have a cute little guy there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha!!!! Nan, we hd a beautiful chocolate lab...and since we were going to have a lab, I thought let's choose chocolate, cuz, then I can see any hairs shed, so that it would be easier for me to keep up with the cleaning what I can see... right? But then after the fact, I realized, with all the long dark hair that I "shed", and both our daughters "shed"... maybe, I would have rather had a lab with the yellow hair that you wouldn't see as easily! Well, we had to give our sweet lab to our dear friends (not because of her shedding) but when our son was in the hospital so frequently for chemo. I sure miss her... and her shedding strands!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    A pup with a poodle mix, definitely would be a great idea. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny!!! I have a boxer that LOVES to share her doggie hairs with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Glad you aren't snobbing us cat owners now. :D We have 2. They don't shed horribly, thankfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain! Oh, how I feel your pain! We have a Golden Retriever and a Lab. It is NON-stop vacuuming at my house. (I also have 4 cats...I'm insane!)

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so we don't have to delete!